Subject: Re: Clarifying the obscure -Reply
From: Gordon Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:10:29 -0500

In my search for operas off the beaten track I have this week found another interesting item, Ponchielli's Il parlatore eterno a comic "opera" in one 21 minute act. The opera is for a baritone and small chorus. The recording is with piano as the orchestral parts either no longer exist or never did exist. The remainder of the disc is taken up with baritone arias from other Ponchielli operas.The singing is quite good and the piano accompaniment is superb. The label is Opus 9351 2190. It does amaze me that so many unusual things are coming out on cd - I am delighted!
Gordon Young<[log in to unmask]>