Subject: L' INCORONAZIONE DI ILLARY - Act 3
From: Steve Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:48:46 EDT

L' Incoronazione di Illary - Act 3

Act 3 - The Great Banqueting Hall of the Casa Bianca

The curtain rises on a glittering table set for a sumptuous state dinner.
"D' immenso giubilio s'inalzi un grido corra gli Stati Uniti di lido in
lido..." exclaim the happy guests.  When all are seated, Il Presidente
Guglielmo and his Prima Donna / Senatoressa enter from opposite ends of the
stage.  It is evident by their sotto voce remarks to each other...Vipera!
Rospo!!  Strega!!!...that the affair with the Duchessa has been neither
forgotten or forgiven.  To ease the tension Guglielmo starts on a sprightly
Brindisi, but is soon interrupted by Illary who, in her jealous delirium,
begins to see apparitions of Guglielmo's former lovers.  As Illary recites
the name of each paramour, the chorus of dinner guests offer their comments:

Illary:  Genniferra...
Gli Invitati:  Ah! Che Bionda!
Illary:  Katarina...
Gli Invitati:  Ah! Che Bruna!
Illary:  Giovanna Doe # tre
Gli Invitati:  Una Sedotta...
Illary:  Monica...
Gli Invitati:  Che riso insolente!

In an effort to calm the situation, Padre Jackesone demands that everyone
"Rispettate in me di Dio, la tremenda maesta, " but alas, to no avail.
Suddenly, there are heard 3 sonorous knocks at the door - Chi batte a quella
porta - and all action stops.  The door opens with a crash to reveal the
great stone statue of former Presidente Abramo Lincoln, descended from the
nearby memorial.  In commanding tones he accuses both Illary and Guglielmo of
multiple crimes and demands their repentance:  "Pentiti...Scellerati!"  "No!
No!" the First Couple shout  at which point the stage is transformed into a
smoking inferno.  La Statua warns "Il tempo piu non v'e..." and drags the
protesting pair off to Political Oblivion.

Epilogue - A New Day

A mixed chorus of  Ordinary Citizens, Supreme Court Justices, Special
Prosecutors, Senators, Diplomats, and selected members of the Vast Right Wing
Conspiracy come center stage and sing :

"Questo e il fin di chi fa mal
E de perfidi la morte
Alla vita e sempre ugual."

To all of you who made it to the end, I for one can't think of a story with
more operatic potential than this ....I guess "L'Incoronazione di Illary" has
become part 2 of my "Clinton Ring," the first being "William...Tell!"

Steve