Subject: Re: A little more on Thill
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:02:02 EDT

In a message dated 25/06/99  11:24:47,  [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I am not sure where you get your statistics from but according to
 his calendar in L'Avant-Scene Opera ("Hors serie" september 1984) he >>

Michael Tuffin commented as above.  I have checked the "L'Avant-Scene" issue
on Thill and, surprise, surprise, there are many discrepancies between this
source and the one which I was using.

I was quoting from a French biography of Thill by Andre Segond, published by
Edisud in 1984.- the same year as the L'Avant Scene issue in question  As I
commented in my original post, the biography purports to list all his
engagements but we all know how difficult it is to compile such a schedule
from a distance, particularly from as far back as 1924.

I have not (as yet) found him to be in different cities on the same date when
comparing the schedules in both sources, but that wouild not surprise me
either!

As to which source has the greater veracity - who knows!

Regards from London/NICK