Subject: Bergonzi as Otello
From: brescd01 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:29:01 -0400

Dear George and List:

                               Just my two cents: the renditions of the big
arias on Bergonzi's Verdi album for Phillips, listed by Blythe I think as
one of the greatest recordings ever made (the whole album), IMHO are among
the finest, perhaps the finest versions since Martinelli or Tamagno (I know
the latter only recorded the Death Scene). So, I certainly won't make the
same mistake I did for his concert and I would happily pay to see him.

David Bresch MD
House Staff
Department of Psychiatry
Mount Sinai Hospital