Subject: Signing posts.
From: Lindoro Almaviva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:37:08 -0700

Dear all:
        I had all the intentions to ignore this intromission on those of us
who for a reason or other have preferred to keep anonymity in the
list. Since almost all the named people have expressed themselves I
will come forward.
        If some of us have decided to maintain our real names a secret it is
for reasons good enough for us. The times that somebody has used a
pseudonym to harass a member of the list, either in public or in
private, that person has been taken care of. My reasons for searching
anonymity are all to painful and not for public display nor
consumption. Those in the list who know them or lived them with me
('cause there are 2 out there) know how much pain I went through.
That is over and the story will not be repeated. I think that more
than fussing about knowing our real names the emphasis should be in
watching whether we are abusing of the anonymity privilege by not
being respectful.
        I have had members of this list that have asked me to give them my
real name and I have complied without a problem, but they are aware
of my desire to keep my privacy and respect that. It greatly
distresses me to see postings like the one I'm responding to. I'm
sorry for the tone, but I don't take finger pointing too well...
Now, let's get the record straight as far as this list is concern:
        My name is: Lindoro Almaviva
        Occupation: Tenor, when I'm not running after a new Rosina
        Birthplace: Seville
        Where I live: Depends on the station, my castles are many.
        How old am I?: Young, Rossini never told me. Surely more than
             100 years young, and the coloratura ain't getting any easier.
        Political afiliation: Well, after what happened to Cousing Marie
             Antoinette I don't talk about it.
        Sexual preference: What happens between my sheets, so long as
             Rosina does't know it, I won't reveal...
        Where am I located right now?: I front of my I-Mac. (yes, I've
             decided to join the XXth century)

Any more questions?

===
Lindoro Almaviva