Subject: "Magic"Potions in Opera
From: Jean McMullan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:22:47 EDT

Dear List,
We have many magic potions in opera; without looking beyond Wagner we have
potions that cause love (Tristan), forgetfulness (Gotterdammerung), and
remembrance (Gotterdammerung again.)
There are a number of physicians on this list, and I am wondering if there is
anything in the pharmacopoeia, ancient or modern, that would elicit love,
forgetfulness, or recall.

Jean // possibly requiring all of the above here in San Francisco