Subject: Short Film on Opera
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 3 Jun 1999 03:08:07 EDT

Hello, All,
        It's been a while since I've been here and maybe you have discussed
this before.  If so, my apologies, but earlier this evening while watching a
program on PBS, they showed a 10 minute "filler" film by someone named Kim
Thompson, not much in the way of credits or explanation, but this was quite
good, I thought.  It is "animated", though the characters are static.  The
narrator throws out some rather clever witticisms as she proceeds to go
through the stories of15 operas in 10 minutes.  At the conclusion she goes
through how many murders, suicides, executions, etc. have taken place and
totals up the body count (38).  It's a spoof on opera while at the same time
would surely intrigue anyone who had never been .  Has anyone here seen it?
Is it a "classic" that everyone has seen or did I just happen to tune in at
the right time?

Sharon in Phoenix