Subject: The good old times: they are *now*
From: Janos_Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Dec 1998 15:54:49 -0800

> From:    Janet Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Baritones
>
> Every one is looking for a good baritone.
> There just aren`t any now.

        Not if you don't count these singers whom I happen
        to fancy, more or less in this order (and from the
        top of my head, making obvious and painful omissions galore) --

        Bryn Terfel
        Thomas Quasthoff
        Anthony Michaels-Moore
        Gerald Finley
        Bernd Weikl
        Dmitri Hvorostovsky
        Thomas Hampson
        Alan Held
        Alfredo Daza
        Gabriele Schnaut
        Sherrill Milnes (yep, still)

--
`Have you met George Bernard Shaw?'
`Yes, I was nearly in one of his plays once.'