Subject: Re: Alvarez/New Releases
From: Mike Begley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Oct 1998 20:26:52 -0500

This CD was on sale yesterday at the Virgin Megastore in Times
Square.  Other items which were new included:

Cosi fan Tutte - Columbia recording with Steber, Thebom, Tucker
Lily Pons - 2 disc compilation on Sony
Diana Montague - Recital of mezzo arias
Bartoli - Live in Italy
Siegfried Jerusalem - compilation on Sony of German arias/scenes
Regine Crespin - Satie and Ravel (?) songs on Sony
Susanne Mentzer/Sharon Isbin recital
(by the way, this last item is filed under Isbin in Virgin's
computer; when I asked a clerk for the new Mentzer album (How do you
spell that?) it came up blank.  But there it was, on the new release
shelf.  "Entered under Isbin" said the clerk.  "I guess she's better
known."  Oy!

Regards,
Mike