Subject: Memories of Pav
From: Janet Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:46:28 -0800

I have so many,when I purchased a painting of his and he asked me my
name,so he could sign it. I said Janet. He started to write Jean, I said
no Janet and he said oh, Jeanette,so he signed it that way,but the
thrill for me was ,that the next night I went to his concert and a
dinner after. He gave every one one of his books and when I went up to
have him sign that,he looked at me and said,Oh Jeanette. He had
remembered me,an old lady but not too old to still get a thrill
    Another memory, my husband did not like opera but would go along
with me,and nod occasionally,but we saw Pav in San Diego singng.Boheme
with Diane Seviero and my dear husband stood up,applauded, bravoed,for
the first time in his opera life
 That is what that fabulous Pav can do to people. No wonder he is an
idol to millions with that wonderful smile.,waving  his
handkerchief.after giving us all a superb performance. May he keep us in
awe for a few more years.
        Jan
.