Subject: Pavarotti, Christmas & a request
From: E A Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:39:32 +0000

Hello members

Recent comments  about Pavarotti and references to Xmas recordings reminded
me  of two things (1) although I have quite a few recordings of Pavarotti, I
have long wanted a recording of La Fille Du Regiment in which he features,
but have never got round to seeking one out, and (2) Christmas is
approaching and I usually tell members of my family what I would like for
Xmas well in advance.  I know I don't get surprises, but I am always
delighted when I open my parcels and I never get anything I don't want!

My request is - is there a video of this opera featuring Pavarotti and/or is
there a recording available on CD? Recommendations please.

I saw Pavarotti at Covent Garden in a performance of Ballo in 197? and I
realise that I will probably never see him again in a live performance, but
I do have that one to cherish. I now realise just how lucky I am to have
seen him live once.

TIA
Cheers! Margaret Mason