Subject: Re : Met Nozze prima- boring!!!
From: "List George J.Lindner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:36:56 EST

A good friend of mine told me, several days ago, that Mozart's music "bored"
him too. I answered that, in my opinion, this was a sign of immaturity, and
that I found people who were "bored" by Mozart's music, well, "boring". As far
as I know, the relationship has survived; he is accustomed to my bluntness.

I am not bored by any music, not even Ponchielli's. I do not consider "La
Gioconda" as very profound, it does not arouse in me anything but very basic
feelings, but "boring" ? No!  As a matter of fact, if well sung, some of the
roles can be quite exciting especially that of Barnaba. The last great
interpretation of it which I saw was Leonard Warren's.

Music "boring" ? Never ! The appreciation of it subjective ? Of course !

Sincerely, George J. Lindner