Subject: Re: NY City Opera Annals
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:49:41 EST

Dale Golden asks:

<<      Have the performance annals of the NY City Opera been compiled and
      published?  If so, could someone please provide me with the title,
      publisher, coverage dates, etc. >>

Yes, but too many years ago. The compiler is George Louis Mayer, and they are
an Appendix to Martin L. Sokol's  "The New York City Opera"--Macmillan, New
York, 1981.

The Annals cover the years 1944 to 1979.

Alas, Marty Sokol passed away, much too young in (I believe) January, 1987 of
a sudden heart attack.

No cheers on that.

Tom