Re: New Releases--Col. Cosi

Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:28:09 EST

text/plain

In a message dated 10/31/98 8:29:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< This CD was on sale yesterday at the Virgin Megastore in Times
 Square. Other items which were new included:

 Cosi fan Tutte - Columbia recording with Steber, Thebom, Tucker >>

Re: the above recording,

Can anyone tell me why this much cut performance of Cosi in an often
unfortunate English translation (of which I admittedly have great
affection--it was the first Cosi I ever heard) was reissued at full price?
$34 (!) at Tower. Were the Steber Butterfly and Sayao/Tucker Boheme also at
full price? Seems odd.