Subject: Re: Eileen Farrell discography
From: Johnnie Wegner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:31:41 EST

Add to Braden Mechley's great discography - the Columbia LP of extended
excerpts from Cherubini's Medea, with Andre Turp, Ezio Flagello - Arnold
Gamson conducting. I doubt if it's available yet on CD, though
it should be someday. It's a very heroic and lusciously sung version.

Also, there's a private LP of Act2 & 3 Tristan excerpts with Jess Thomas
and Bernstein conducting the NY Phil - 2/26/69, which is glorious - the
walls of Carnegie Hall shook! The sound is stereo and very professional.
That was the era where 2 guys sat on either side of Carnegie each
with a radio transmitter Microphone - and there was a truck outside
with a professional Tape Recorder. Gone are the days !
And why didn't they realease the GoetterD. excerpts from Part 1, including
the Prologue duet and Rhine Journey, Siegried's death and Funeral March
and the Immolation? Or did I miss it?

John Wegner

PS - the Siegfied duet with Svanholm on RCA was my FIRST LP record.