Subject: Re: Happy Birthday "Patron Saint of Mediocrity"
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:20:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/98 Roy Wood wrote:

<<Fooled ya. No, it's not the Lucine Amara's birthday.>>

I can't say I was "fooled."  Perhaps Lucine Amara wasn't the greatest soprano
to grace the stage of the Metropolitan Opera.  But she was a valuable member
of that company for many years.  And it's interesting to think of what kind of
status she'd enjoy today if she were in her prime.  We could use such
"mediocrity."
Respectfully,
Ken Meltzer