Subject: Re: Swedish rhing rom Berkshire Outlet
From: "William D. Kasimer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:57:52 -0400

Per Backstrom wrote:

> I have been raving about Lena Nordin and Peter Mattei. By coincidence I
> discovered that there are some fine records available through Berkshire
> Outlet http://www.berkshirerecoutlet.com/
(snip)
> A recital record with a lovely baryton
>    2.Label: BIS Media Type: CD Price: 8.99 Description: Stenhammar,
> "Songs": 7 Poems from 'Thoughts of Solitude'
>      Op.7; 5 Songs to Runeberg Texts, Op.8; 4 Swedish Songs Op.16; 5
> Bergman Songs, Op.20; Songs & Moods Op.26;
>      Late Harvest. (Peter Mattei, baritone w.Bengt-Ake Lundin, piano)
> Stock Number CD 654 (A) [AUSTRIA] Add to
>      Cart

I heartily concur with Per about this one, which I picked up in a
remainder bin about a year ago.  Mattei has one of the most beautiful,
evenly produced baritone voices that I've ever heard, and the Stenhammar
songs fit him like a glove.  Even if you never follow along with the
texts, it's the sort of CD that makes you simply want to put it on the
CD player and wallow in the sheer sound of the voice.

Bill
--
William D. Kasimer