Subject: No Robert Merrill honor this year ...
From: Christopher Weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:42:49 EDT

I suspect that our campaign simply started WAY too late to affect the
selection this year.  From the sound of it, they start tossing names around
early in the calendar year in order to arrive at a formal announcement at the
end of the summer.  I don't think it's fair to conclude that our efforts were
ignored; we just didn't get our timing right.  Let's hope our ongoing campaign
can influence next year's list!

Chris Weimer