Subject: Happy Birthday
From: David Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:48:57 -0400

Today is Dame Janet Baker's 65th birthday.  Hers was a glorious and
distinctive voice, never in my hearing less than full of passion for
whatever the words were she had to sing.  I'm delighted to have had the
opportunity to hear her a number of times in Washington, New York,
London, Glyndebourne, and Aldeburgh.

Join me in wishing her many happy returns and saying thanks for the
opportunity of hearing her sing.

David Hoffman
Harrisburg, PA