Subject: The Tentacles of the list are everywhere :-)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:13:56 -0400

Hello everybody -

I've been keeping my own counsel for a week or so, but something
happened this morning that I just had to share with all of you.

There is a CD distributor known as Albany, here in NY State, and they
handle a lot of imports including Preiser and Melodram.  Well, I called
them this morning to place an order for some *stuff* and when she heard
my name, said, "are you the Rideout who posts on that opera list".  With
some trepidation, I said "yes". :-)  Well, says she, you are our best
salesperson.  Let me get something.  She came back to the phone and said
"Listen to this.  Eight people ordered the "Flying Dutchman" with Leonie
Rysanek and George London and mentioned your name as the guy who
recommended it.  After the second caller I started to keep count."
She then said, "I wondered if I'd ever hear from you, and here you are".

End of story.  We do make a difference, all of us, and it's great to
know that we are here, in the end, to share and to help each other in
lots of ways that we don't even realize.

Cheers!

Bobolink