Subject: Ilva Ligabue Dead at 67
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:19:38 EDT

It is with great sadness that I report to the list that the Italian dramatic
soprano Ilva Ligabue died recently in Milan at age 67.  Although I never heard
Ligabue in the opera house, her records (both commercial and live) have given
me much pleasure.  She was the subject of one of my "blast-from-the-past"
inquiries last year and I encourage listers interested in her career to search
the archives.

We have lost so many beloved artists this year.  May Ligabue be the last.

Enzo Bordello