Subject: Re: Falcon at the Met
From: "William A. Fregosi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:35:18 -0500

>I noticed that Ruth Falcon is on the list of sopranos sining at the Met
>this season but I can't figure out WHAT she'll be singing. Can someone
>help me out???

To Roy Wood and list--

My suspicion is that Falcon may have been engaged to cover roles with few
if any performances actually scheduled.  This happens a lot on the Met's
books.  She is a highly respected trainer of singers but her own career
hasn't really taken off the way her voice and talents would seem to
justify.  Among the things the MET is doing next year for which she would
be superbly equipped are Turandot and Crysothemis in ELEKTRA and either
Elsa or Ortrud in LOHENGRIN.

William Fregosi
Technical Coordinator for Theater Arts       Ph: (617) 253-0862
Massachusetts Institute of Technology        FAX:(617) 258-7149
Building E33   77 Massachusetts Avenue       E-Mail:[log in to unmask] (office)
Cambridge, MA  02139                                [log in to unmask] (home)

    I live through risk.  Without risk, there is no art. You should always
    be on the edge of a cliff about to fall down and break your neck.

                                                     Carlos Fuentes