Subject: Young singers - do you know them?
From: Steffen Peter Gliese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 8 Aug 1998 11:44:26 +0200

Most august listers,

When I was in Bad Wildbad this summer for the ROSSINI IN WILDBAD festival, some young singers did marvelously in the MATILDE DI SHABRAN (others did marvelously in VIAGGIO A REIMS in concert, but that will wait).
Some of them were: Ricardo Bernal, who played the leading role as CORRADINO, the intrigant doctor ALIPRANDO was sung by Noe Colin, both of these young singers happen to be Mexican. Then there is the MATILDE of Akie Amou, Japanese, and a true belcantista, also what in her acting. The baritone Maurizio Leoni did the poet ISIDORO, also with great skill, even though he was a bit slow to warm up voice-wise.
Best of all, though, was the baritone, who sang GINARDO, Gioacchino Zarelli. This is a singer, who will make it big, I hope. But they were all good, and I would love to hear from listers, who have heard them previously.

Stefano in Danimarca

Steffen-Peter Gliese
Chairman
The Danish Belcanto Society/Musikforeningen BELCANTO