Subject: Re: Emma again/was Terfel and Experience - and this list
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Aug 1998 21:16:56 -0400

John F Deredita Ph.D. wrote:

> I've been corrected on two points.  In my earlier message about letting a
> thousand voices sound here, I exaggerated when I said Emma A. had been
> "rousted" from our list.  S/he was put on nopost and chose to leave. I do
> think, however, that nopost status would encourage many of us to leave.
> BUT someone also told me about an Albani posting I had missed in which
> s/he attacked James Jorden with careless slander and the language of the
> gutter; and now I think I understand what drove listowner Kosovsky to
> suspend his/her privileges.  It is unspeakably self-indulgent and
> sophomoric to write the way they say Albani did that day.

Hello John and list -

In my, opinion, you should have quit while you were ahead.  It was unspeakably
self indulgent of the Listowner to put him on no-post because he attacked him
publicly.  It would  have been far better to either have done it when (s)he
attacked others, since our listowner stated privately to many other
listmembers that "Emma" had an agenda which was to subvert the list and three
of its members, from the gitgo. Of course, that charge has never been
substantiated, nor, do I suspect that it will.  OF course, if it is true, Emma
should have been excised much sooner than was the case.   I was disgusted, I
remain disgusted at the actions of our esteemed listowner and he will have to
decide what to do about this.  Because, I WILL NOT SHUT UP!

I really wish you hadn't come back with this equivocal nonsense.  But, it has
happened, and I will stand again, for that which I believe.  Some reign, and
continue to pontificate , though they have been far more harmful over a longer
time.  Yet, it is allowed.  UGH! Triple ugh!  John, don't be intimidated by
"popular" opinion.  It never changed anything!

Bobolink