Subject: Pros Unmasked
From: roy wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:42:02 PDT

HI ALL:

There is so much mystery surrounding the flock of opera celebrities
posting on Opera L that I feel it is my obligation, nay, my duty, to
unmask some of the "pros" on the list.

Some of them are rather obvious really. We all know "James Jorden" is
really Dame Gwyneth Jones. "Enzo Bordello" is blatantly Diana Soviero.
"Ed Rosen" is obviously Renata Tebaldi typing through an interpreter.
And, "Charlie Handelman" (who came up with THAT name?!) has been
identified as Zinka Milanov speaking from beyond the pale, Zinka
imparting her wisdom to us all from the heavenly stage of the Old
Metropolitan. I know ALL this of course, because I, "Roy Wood", am none
other than Elena Suliotis, come to wreak havoc on Opera-L like an
internet Phantom of the Opera for the destruction caused to my voice
because of the demands of the opera world. (it couldn't possibly be my
OWN responsibility). [insert demented cackle sound.wav]

Also, while not posting as often as those pro's mentioned above, watch
out for these "posers" on the listas well:

Joan Sutherland as either [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Luciano Pavarotti as [log in to unmask]
Dolora Zajick as [log in to unmask]
Renee Fleming as [log in to unmask]
James Levine as [log in to unmask]