Subject: Re: Machover's Valis (was Re: Suggested Opera Plots...)
From: Terry Barron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:43:55 -0700

Sandra Bowdler asked:

>Is this [i.e. Valis] based on the novel by Philip K. Dick?  Can you tell
us any more
>about it?

Yes, it is. I have the recording but haven't listened to it in a few years;
it's worth a listen if you're not put off by modern stuff. Machover weaves
some material from Parsifal into it (P.K. Dick was a Wagnerite.) I'll
listen to it again and report back.

Prof. Terry Barron
ISOM Dept. Stranahan Hall 4031
College of Business Administration