Subject: Re: Pavarotti Interview/ Three Tenors/ Odd Bit of Trivia
From: Per Backstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Jul 1998 22:17:22 +0200

You can hear that Carreras is the oldest of them. Oh, he is the
youngest!!! You can't hear that. I've always considered him inferior to
the two others.

IMO Pavarotti sings best, with a smooth, unforced legato, still capable
of soft singing. He is still a great singer! A phenomenon.

Carreras attempts diminuendos too, but has obvious difficulties.

Domingo thrives on his great charm and sings rather well, but Pavarotti
is the only one of them that really touched me tonight.

I found the medley boring. Maybe I would not have thought so if I had
understood that they sang, but now it sounded mostly sentimental to me.
IMO their solo numbers was far more interesting music.

It was nice to se all the views of Paris, where I have spent some time
both spring and summer.

It's past 10 PM here so I'll go to bed, after a tiresome week, recording
the second half of the concert.

Per Backstrom
Stockholm,Sweden
http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-23055/perineng.html