Subject: Schipa -- La Rondine
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:48:10 -0400

Hello listers....

Over the past few days I've picked up several "new" CDs of vintage singers, one
of whom is Schipa.

DOes anyone on the list know if Schipa ever recorded anything from LA RONDINE,
in which he was the premier tenor?  If a recording exists, please give me the
scoop of label, etc.

Wow...I'd like to hear the original tenor sing something from this neglected
little work.

Happy listening to you all.

Micheal F. Anders, Ph.D.
Professor of Music
The University of Findlay

P.S.    Over the past few days there has been quite a bit of "flaming" to and
fro about matters that are not really operatic, and some of the flaming has
been coming from a lister who really does not have a clue about matters
operatic.  Maybe it is best if we simply ignore the bizarre postings of this
person rather than become involved with debates that cannot be won or settled
amicably.