Subject: Carping on Emma
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:40:06 EDT

Hi everyone,

Well! All I can say about the carpings on Emma sent out tonight (far fewer in
number, so progress is being made) is...

a) Y   A  W  N  . . .
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

b) Oh, get OVER yourselves!

c) Princesse de Bouillon imitations are not amusing; and

d) All of the above.

The more the merrier is best for this list! So let's get off our delusional
pedestals and write, debate, and dish opera! (And learn to live with each
other.)

On another subject, I just congratulated Mr. Handelman for his FORZA
performance--an inspiration to us all, to keep singing (and well, according to
reports) at an age and time of life when many others sit on their tukkuses and
"retire". Perhaps Charlie and Magda Olivero should team up...

(I ADORED the image in Emma's post of the sinister Gencer advancing toward
Sweet Renee, her mother and sisters rising like distaff henchman to defend
their charge. WHERE are videocams when we really need them...? But do we need
them after all, when we have scriveners like Emma to bring such scenes alive?)

Best,

Patrick