Subject: Re: FLEMING/LA SCALA/ALAGNA, GHEORGHIU/BASTA CRETINI
From: Ed Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:45:53 -0400

I must say that Emma certainly seems to have an in on the Italian opera
scene that, if authentic, is most interesting and valuable  to all
readers of opera-l.

She, or he, must have contacts in very high places to learn all this
opera talk first hand.

I have no objectopm to Emma remaining on the list, but I think personal
attacks, at individuals or their work, should not be part of any of
Emma's post.  This is just mean spirited revenge, or mock revenge, for
wrongs that Emma believes were carried out.  And it gives her/him a
chance to lash out unfairly, since nobody but Emma knows all the resons,
real or imagined, that may be behind the attacks.

But Emma really knows opera,I believe, and certainly should remain on
the list.  I find her backstage stories entirely interested and unique.
Perhaps Emma should start her own magazine- "Backstage Opera Gossip and
Goings On."

Just my rather late night thought on this situation, brought on by her
most recent post.

Good night, Emma, where ever you are.

Best,
Ed
Ed Rosen<[log in to unmask]> for free catalog
Legato Classics, Inc.
http://www.legatoclassics.com