Subject: Croatian Fetishes
From: "CHARLES H. HANDELMAN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:41:55 -0400

  So here I am this afternoon,minding my own business and trying to watch
Judge Judy(she would be great on this list..Imagine...BASTA,CRETINI!!!!!!)
and i happen to see this note from OperaCat about MOI..Why???Has someone
said something about me lately? I have not been posting very much..too busy
between the Yankees and getting Windows 98....but obviously something
derogatory was said.I soiched and soiched..and came to this rather
delusional rant by a soprano who died in the last century,madama Albani.
  At this point in life,with all I have been doing lately,I  choose to
laugh at the kind of stuff I have been seeing on that "Newsgroupo Infame"
known as rec.music.opera...you know,where someone keeps saying,"Trent Lott
for President" and when someone is most intrigued as to what the size of
Corelli's or del Monaco's "organ" might have been...And now, comes this
truly hilarious comment that a "certain poster"  has a "Kunc fetish" or
maybe it is a "Enzo adorato Syndrome" where you walk around the streets
hitting B flats pianissimo..or whatever this idiot means. I do not know
what she/he/it means and frankly my dear, i don't give a F***. When the day
comes that I have to worry that someone thinks i am "gushing too much" i
will burn my computer.
 As to the same dude/dudette speaking of Carreras in such a derogatory way,
Mr. Di Stefano should only have lasted as long as Carreras has..at least he
did not embarrass himself singing wide open up to high C!!!!! Carreras
pushed like mad..we know that...and he paid the price,even before the
illness.but you cannot take away from him what he had,and still in some
measure has..a GREAT voice.....and Alagna did NOT begin with MORE..no
way!!!!
But I digress (what else is new?)..The same screamer then goes on to ask if
being present as Warren's death is an accomplishment of some kind? No,it
was a very very sad thing to witness.but since I adored the man, I am glad
i saw him in his glory...the moment before he passed on..and also,many
peopole have specifically requested that I post on that occasion on this
and other forums...I assume Madama Albani is again referring to me..since I
have mentioned this tragedy a few times.(At least she reads my posts).
      As Renee Fleming should have said to the idiots at Scala..I say
"Basta Cretini" to anyone who does niot "approve" of my posts..and what is
all this delusional stuff about leather and boots and tatoos..I mean..I
never saw Danitza Illitsch in a gay bar......
Bye for now.....until we meet again.   Charlie