Subject: Re: VOIX - ideal couplings
From: Per Backstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:20:23 +0200

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> The Opera de Montreal presented VOIX last year and they had a fairly good
> idea, IMHO.
>
> As the first part of the show, they presented a recital of Poulenc songs
> sung by a baritone.

A similar program was presented last year by Operahogskolan (Stockholm
Opera College), though the songs were shared between soprano, mezzo,
tenor and baryton. They wore clothes from the time of the songs. Most of
the audience did not understand the words but body language gave a fair
idea I think. It was a very vivid performanceand was great fun, and it's
very nice music.

I saw the Poulenc program at an earlier occasion, without the VOIX, so I
can't tell how they worked together. I have also seen part of the
program on a later occasion, and I once agai enjoyed it.

--
Per Backstrom
Stockholm,Sweden