Subject: ZELMIRA at the Champs Elysees question/BORGIA report-booing
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:08:44 EDT

I noticed a post yesterday about an upcoming production (from Pesaro) of
Rossini's ZELMIRA at the Theatre des Champs Elysees next season.  Does anyone
know if there is a website for this theater with information on dates and
casts (in general)?  I tried OPERABASE but they have nothing posted past JUNE
1998.

On a better note, I have it from someone at the 2nd performance of LUCREZIA
BORGIA at LaScala on Thursday, July 9 that there was only ONE person who booed
or made a disturbance AT ALL, and it was at the END of the performance.
Apparantly, after the  general RAVE reviews were released, the hatemongers who
yelled obscenities decided to disappear.  I just wish to add my 2cents about
booing and noise.  I know everyone has an opinion, and I do too.  My opinion
about booing is, however, totally irrelevent at this time.  I DO wish to state
for the record, and I like to think that most people agree, that the yelling
of foul and insulting language while someone is performing is REALLY RUDE.  A
"boo" is one thing, a "F*@!(*&  off you slut" is something else, and totally
uncalled for.
No responses to this are necessary...it's just MY opinion and something to
think about.
ALAN J. SAVADA, C.T.C.
Washington, DC

<<If you ask me what I came into this world to do,
I will tell you I came to live out loud>>--Emile Zola
****************LIFE IS A CABERNET!