Subject: Margaret Price in Aida
From: Gilles Taillefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:41:24 EDT

I have already mentionned that there was a video of Aida starring Luciano
Pavarotti and Margaret Price, filmed in 1981 at the War Memorial Opera House
of San Francisco. But I had barely and too quickly seen it on a shelter in
London. But now it's being widely sold in Paris. I have just bought it, but
not yet watched it.
Here are the complete data, in case you want to find it:

NVC ARTS (they have a site that might be useful http://www.nvcarts.com)
Warner Music Vision 3984-22366-3 WE 511
Aida: Dame Margaret Price
Radames: Luciano Pavarotti
Amneris: Stefania Toczyska
Ramfis: Kurt Rydl
Amonasro: Simon Estes
conductor: Garcia Navarro
stage director: Sam Wanamaker

I promise to give my opinion when I have watched it.

Gilles Taillefer, Paris