Subject: Sleepers Awake!
From: "John W. Carr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 May 1998 00:30:57 -0700

Bob Kosovsky and Mike Richter have reminded me very patiently once again
that, when I forward a message using my Netscape browser e-mail
function, I am actually sending an ATTACHMENT. As all of you who have
done so must know, attachments are a big no-no on Opera-L. I make the
point because it is a mistake I have made more than once, and those of
you who use Netscape may not be aware of its behaviour in that context.
Here follows my message, unattached:

In my college years, a Thai student with whom my roommates and I were
friendly used to fall asleep on our sofa overnight. He was a VERY deep
sleeper, and rousing him in the morning was a formidable task. We grew
creative in our efforts to embellish this ceremony, but the only sure
fire method we ever discovered was to drop the needle on an old Angel
(remember those?) recording, at full cry from the stereo speakers, of
the Red Army Chorus. For the life of me, I can't remember which
particular song on the disc became our choice reveille. Someone help me
out?

Regards, John Carr