Subject: Re: Tatiana Troyanos:Reflections on an operatic career:Part VII
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 31 May 1998 22:09:29 EDT

Dan, and List,
I have been thoroughlt enjoying all of the Troyanos' memoirs and fondly
remember MANY OF these performances firsthand.
You have, however, missed one very important performance in  which she
reprised the role of GUILIO CESARE for the 300th Anniversary of Handel's Birth
(with June Anderson as Cleopatra) in a Gala Concert held at the Kennedy Center
Concert Hall (it was only slighlty cut and lasted almost 4 hours!!).
This evening was an night to end all nights...commencing with a formal dinner
party at the British Embassy-followed by the opera and ending with a Gala
Party (which I chaired) at the then- Grand Hotel lasting until 3:30 in the
morning.
June Anderson came as did Ms. Troyanos (two women known for not coming to cast
parties) and the hundred or so guests had the time  of their lives celebrating
with the artists and Maestro Stephen Simon (who brough the entire evening
together brilliantly under his baton).  There was even a Grand Piano size
brithday cake which the ladies and Maestro Simon cut at about 2AM.  I will
remember this night above all the other performances I ever saw Ms. Troyanos
in.  It was ELECTRIC!!
Fondly,
ALAN J. SAVADA, C.T.C.
Washington, DC

<<If you ask me what I came into this world to do,
I will tell you I came to live out loud>>--Emile Zola
****************LIFE IS A CABERNET!