Subject: Re: David Daniels undresses in San Francisco
From: Per Backstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 May 1998 18:02:01 +0200

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> A recording of THEODORA already exists--a video recording made in its first
> season at Glyndebourne.

I agree with Patrick about this video, which I bought after reading rave
reviews in Opera. I was somewhat disappointed, and I think Patrick
explains why: Dawn Upshaw.

What I want to add is that I was very impressed by Frode Olsen as
Valens, though he reminds you more of some politicians, surely by
intent. He has a big scene with choir in the beginning of the opera.

--
Per Backstrom
Stockholm,Sweden