Subject: Re: Domingo at the Washington Opera(& NATIONAL SYMPHONY)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 31 May 1998 11:59:45 EDT

In addition:
The National Symphony Orchestra has just announced its subscription season for
1998-1999 which includes a run of 3 concerts:
Dec. 3,4,5  1998
the soloists are all featured artists of the NSO in:
Haydn, Sinfonia concertante in B-flat minor
Falla, Nights in the Gardens of Spain
Tchaikovsky, Symphony No 4

ADDITIONALLY the following VOCAL concerts will be perfomed:
Oct 1,2,3
Leonard Slatkin, cond
Frederica von Stade, mezzo-sop.
THOMSON, Symphony on a Hymn Tune
RAVEL, Scheherazade
CANTELOUBE, Excerpts from Songs of the Auvergne
RESPIGHI, Roman festivals

Nov 12,13,14
Concert performance of PORGY & BESS
Bobby McFerrin, cond.
Janice Chandler, sop (Clara)
Lester Lynch, bass (Crown/Jake)
Kevin Deas, bass (Porgy)
Michael Forest, tenor (Sportin' Life)
Marvis Martin, sop.(Bess)
Tichina Vaughn, mez.(Serena/Strawberry Woman)
Morgan State Univ Choir

March 11,12,13, 1999
Slatkin, cond.
John Aler, tenor
Hakan Hagegard, bar.
Choral Arts Society of Wash
in
CORIGLIANO's A Dylan Thomas Trilogy (World premiere)

May 13,14,15, 1999
Slatkin, cond.
Kathleen Battle, sop
MOZART Symphony No 38(Prague)
CHEN YI, Symphony No. 2
Selection of Arias

A Beethoven festival this September includes the MISSA SOLEMNIS (Sept 10,12),
and Choral Fantasy & Symphony No. 9 (Sept. 18)

Any further information avail by phone 202-416-8500 (Subscription office)

Keep cool.
ALAN J. SAVADA, C.T.C.
Washington, DC

<<If you ask me what I came into this world to do,
I will tell you I came to live out loud>>--Emile Zola
****************LIFE IS A CABERNET!