Subject: Opera-going in films
From: Dan Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:48:11 -0500

Daniela wrote:
I'm looking for movie's scenes where protagonists go to the opera. Could
 anyone help me in this search? Thank you, Daniela
Just a few more additions to the (I'm sure large) list:
The Jeanette McDonald/Clark Gable film "San Francisco" (Tosca - I think)
The Age of Innocence (Faust - in Italian)
I remember a "sola, perduta, abbandonata" (Manon Lescaut) in a Woody
Allen film whose title escapes me
a recent sci-fi film "the Fifth Element" has an alien diva singing "ardon gli
incensi" (Lucia) at least it starts with Donizetti - it becomes something
else...
What about opera in television commercials - "Casta Diva" seems to turn
up regularly selling things, not to mention "Largo al factotum"...
Dan