From: Buffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Mar 1998 07:57:08 -0500

Last Week I bought the CD Time to Say Goodbye because I love the tune.  Sara
Brightman is the singer with the LSO.  Bocelli was featured.  It was truly
beautiful.

Anyway, in listening to Brightman (who earned a lot more money than me!!!),
I noticed that see has many different timbres to her voice.  She can sound
like a little girl when she needs to, and she can sound like a full, warm
heavy lyric soprano in dramatic moments.  She has a middle range that most
lyric sopranos (me included) would love to have.  O Mio Babbino Caro was
lovely (save one or two swoops).  But what was really astounding was her
Mozart Alleluia!  It sounded like a young coloratura with beautiful speed
and agility.  Of course she doesn't compare to certain other "opera" singers
but it was to me quite fantastic.

My question to the list is:

Are there other Broadway stars or Pop Stars that can sing on both sides of
the fence?  Am I fooled because of the mic?  Could she stand her own in an
opera environment?

Buffy Hunt
Deland,  Fl