Subject: Re: Wilson's reaction
From: Robert T Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:19:00 -0500

At 11:35 AM 3/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I didn't see the Wilson Lohengrin in Zurich, but the general reaction
>was much like it has been here... does anyone really think that
>Lohengrin, Madama Butterfly, Four Saints in Three Acts and
>1000 Airplanes on the Roof can, or should, all be staged exactly the
>same way?

Robert Wilson had nothing to do with 1000 Airplanes. That piece was designed
and lit by Jerome Sirlin and directed by Philip Glass himself.

---Robert T. Jones ([log in to unmask])

        "The search for the unique can lead to strange places.
         Taboos -- the things we're not supposed to do -- are
         often the most interesting."  (Philip Glass)