Subject: POBBE - MARAGLIANO
From: IslandSun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:44:32 -0400

FROM THE DESK OF GIORGIO MIGLIAVACCA

MARCELLA POBBE
At La Scala: 1955, Agata (Freischuetz); 1955, Betsabea (David); 1957-8 Elsa.
sang Micaela (Carmen) at the Arena in Verona in 1955 and 1965, and Tosca in 1966
Her Micaela is recorded (Movimento Musica 03.002) in Italian at the San
Carlo in Naples, Peter Maag consuctor, Del Monaco, Arkhipova (title role).
In reviewing this recording Rodolfo Celletti finds her too eager to please
the public (what a sin!) and to get applause including an endless ovation
"after holding ad infinitum a top note".
Also recorded is  her Margherita (Cetra 1954) with Giulio Neri as
Mefistofele, Tagliavini is Faust. Celletti finds her adequate for the role
but monotonous in her interpretation.
Additionally she recorded the title role of a Mascagni rarity ISABEAU with
Serafin conducting and Pier Miranda Ferraro singing Folco (Cetra 1962) -
again Celletti says she sings "well but cannot enthuse us". (typical
statement from the fox who finds the grapes too far high)
Recorded on GDS cds is her Parisina (Bologna 1964); on Melodram her Leila
(Les Pecheurs de perles), and her Elsa (Melodram)

LUISA MARAGLIANO
At La Scala: 1965 Aida; 1965 Anaide (Moise et Pharaon); 1968 Leonora
(Trovatore); 1969 Luisa Miller; 1971 Leonora again; 1975 Odabellqa (Attila);
1976 Luisa Miller.
sang in Forza at the Arena in 1959 (Bergonzi was Alvaro), Aida in 1960 &
1961 (Bergonzi was Radames), in 1962 and 1971 Abigaille,  and Aida in 1972
(Richard Tucker was Radames)
Recordings include (Hunt cd)  I Masnadieri 1963 (Maggio Musicale Fiorentino)
 e-mail  [log in to unmask]

DR. GIORGIO MIGLIAVACCA
P.O. BOX 704 - ROAD TOWN - TORTOLA
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS - West Indies

DR. GIORGIO MIGLIAVACCA
RUSHIT BOX 11156 - ST THOMAS VI
00801-4156 USA

"If this has not entirely displeased you, do feel a little warmth for the
man who wrote and patched it together. But if I have succeeded in boring you
instead, believe me, I certainly didn't intend to."
ALESSANDRO MANZONI