Subject: Re: Barber of Seville in Austin
From: maureen kirsten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:29:36 -0700

...and Boheme in El Paso (3/13-14) was just darned super! ;-)  Why such
talented singers want to out this far into the desert is beyond me, but they
were a delight -- Marlin Miller (Rodolfo) , Laurinda Nikkel (Mimi), James
Taylor (Marcello), Alayne Faraone (Musetta,) with conductor Raymond Harvey
again keeping everything in good order.
(I never like to discuss if ANY cast is miked, but I did have trouble
hearing Marlin Miller from the last row in the orchestra.)  The Saturday
evening favorite seemed to be Faraone's Musetta, and you could hear HER just
fine!

I'm always surprised at how good the sets are in these small productions!

(More info if you ask...)