Subject: Re: Spoiled by a performance???
From: Robert T Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:39:34 -0500

These are the singers and the roles that in my memory remain incomparable.
For me, nobody measures up to them.

Eleanor Steber as Fiordiligi, Donna Elvira & Donna Anna. Incredible
full-throttle singing, broad high-camp acting, a real diva-on-the-loose.

Rysanek. As Senta and the Empress.

Geraint Evans. As Beckmesser and Falstaff.

De Los Angeles. As just about everything.

Vickers. As Grimes.

Nilsson. As Turandot.

Sills. As Cleopatra and Baby Doe.

Lois Marshall. Singing ANYTHING in concert.

Callas. Everything.

---Robert T. Jones ([log in to unmask])

        "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
         You must be mad or you wouldn't have come here."
                (The Cheshire Cat)