Subject: Opera-L People Meeting at Wednesday "Faliero"?
From: Jane Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Mar 1998 07:36:04 -0500

     Will any listers be at the Wednesday night performance of
Donizetti's "Marino Faliero" by the Opera Camerata of Washington?
I am planning to go to this. I am visiting my friend Paula in New
Jersey during my Spring Break (which comes a week after Jesus's
when he was here in THIS area; I'm so sorry I didn't read his
message to that effect till the day he left!) and making a day
or rather evening trip to D.C. to see it. Though if Micaele
still bills it as "Marino Falliero", based on the incorrect
spelling in the priginal score rather than the historical spelling
of the man's name, I may feel impelled as a medievalist to picket
outside before going in to hear it.

     In any case, I would love to meet fellow-listers. Due to Nuala's
kindness when we met in December in picking up extras to hand out, I
now have my opera-l pin and am wearing it on the strap of my fish bag.
Any dinner meetings before the show, all-nighters to discuss it
afterwards or whatnot?

     I am in a weird time crunch here. In seventeen minutes The Citadel
will close down the e-mail network for the weekend-- till midnight
Sunday-- to refurbish it while people are gone for the break. Thus I
won't get to catch up on the last three days' posts and read any
answers to this before the small hours of Monday morning. I will then
leave for New Jersey around nine that morning. So if anyone was planning
to announce a list get-together for this, could you tell me BY midnight
Sunday? Or at least by eight-odd in the morning? Deprived of the list
for almost all of my holiday, I'll certainly check in as much as I can!
But Paula (a) needs her computer to write her books, which is her job
and (b) has no Internet access on it. So, a non-technological holiday.
But full, I hope, of opera.
                                Jane Bishop