Subject: A few inconsequential asides
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:25:46 -0500

Hello everybody -

First, many many thanks to all who responded to my query about
Russian operas and to those who told me so much about some singers
on next year's Met roster (or at least on my subscription).  I'll
try to get back to each one of you with a note next week, you are
terrific.

A couple of people asked how I knew my subscription already.  I
think it works this way, but someone may step in and correct if
I'm wrong, which is very possible.  The Met sends it's season
subscription details to all subscribers in the middle of March to
give them time to respond as to whether or not they wish to
renew.  That is fair and as it should be, I think.  At a point in
time when they know which seats are available they send a second
mailing to their non subscribing customers, offering whatever is
available, and after that sequence has a chance to be responded
to, they send another mailing for individual tickets, again giving
subscribers first shot,  That seems to be the way it works.

Some others have asked if I think I'll like the Lohengrin after
all the talk and my stated "wait and see attitude".  I'll give you
a clue as to what I think I'll feel.  I thought the two pictures
of the sets in Opera News were absolutely stunning :-)   Let's see
how it all turns out.

Cheers!

Bobolink