Subject: SOPRANO IQ TEST
From: Operalust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:48:09 EST

Please note (especially sopranos) that the below joke in NO WAY a reflection
of my personal feelings.  I love sopranos, but couldn't resist forwarding this
on to all singers and non-singers alike.
Sincerely, ALAN J. SAVADA
Washington, DC

SOPRANO IQ TEST:

1)  When making a 1:30 appointment for a coaching, the correct time to arrive
      is at?
      a) 2:15
      b) 2:45
      c) 1:30
      d)  not at all

2)  The aria "Vissi d'arte" from Puccini's opera Tosca is from which opera?
      a) Rigoletto
      b) Parsifal
      c) Tosca
      d) Sarka

3)  When told you are singing behind the beat, that means to..?
      a) sing faster
      b) step to the side
      c) show how historically sopranos did so for "inflection."

4)  Which would be the correct choice for a sexual partner?
     a) the conductor
     b) the married baritone
     c) a stagehand
     d) all of the above

5)  Most sopranos begin with the following when studying a role?
     a) CD1
     b) CD2
     c) Highlights

6)  When preparing for an important rehearsal, one must...?
     a) warm up
     b) have the music learned
     c) have the text translated
     d) look great

7)  Name a famous soprano who lived in the past?
     a)  Rosa Ponselle
     b)  Lily Pons
     c)  Kirstin Flagstad
     d)  Aprile Millo
     e)  all of the above

8)  A soprano must possess which of the following for a career in opera?
     a)  good technic
     b)  good musical instincts
     c)  good dramatic instincts
     d)  a fur coat

9)  When switching from the lyric soprano rep to spinto, one should...?
     a)  sing louder
     b)  sing slower
     c)  gain weight

10)  Un-scramble these operas, if you can:
     a) La raviataT
     b) The Magic luteF
     c) The Marriage of Gifaro

      Extra credit: