Subject: Re: What ever became of?
From: Kenneth Wolman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:48:13 -0500

>>         Ingvar Wixell (discs?)
>
>As to discs, Colin Davis and/or Philips seemed to like him. In
>my
>collection I find TOSCA (with Caballe/Carreras), BALLO
>(ditto), DON GIOVANNI (Te Kanawa/Arroyo/Freni), FIGARO
>(Norman/Freni/Mrs. Barclay, aka Yvonne Minton  ;-))

Wixell still looks to be very busy.  I was looking at some British opera
magazine (real neat gossip!:-) over the weekend, and in the back they list
the schedules and casts for opera houses all over the world.  Wixell is a
mainstay of the Deutsche Oper in Berlin.

I recall he was around New York in the mid and late 1970s.  Didn't the
American career pan out?

Ken

Kenneth Wolman          Information Technology          Morgan Stanley Inc.
750 Seventh Avenue      New York, NY                    212-762-1685
         My unpaid life: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/1649
      "I only wish I could write with both hands, so as not to forget
        one thing while I am saying another." -- St. Teresa of Avila