Subject: Re: Libuse Prylova
From: TENTENDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Mar 1998 01:56:26 EST

Does anyone have any information of ANY kind on this singer, the Emilia Marty
of the 1960's Supraphon VEC MAKOPULOS?

She is a STUNNING talent, inhabiting the role with the commitment of Callas
and with a pure and steely soprano to boot. It would be a pleasure to hear her
in other repertoire. There is a reference (I think in the original CBS US
release notes) to a version of this opera broadcast around the same time on
Czech television. Does anyone know of the existence of a tape of this
broadcast in an archive -- anywhere?

Even in the original packaging (Czech and American editions) there is NO data
whatever on Prylova. Since the recording was made very close to the time of
the tragic events of Prague Spring, one fears the worst may well be true.

I would greatly appreciate any information you may have.

Christopher Berg