Subject: Re: Time travel in Opera
From: NBPalmer1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:50:09 EST

The noted Swedish composer, Karl-Birger Blomdahl, had a considerable success
with his space opera ANIARA.  This was premiered in Stockholm in 1959, and was
later brought to the UK  where it received  widespread acclaim.  It was a
paradigm of man's journey through time and space.

But I suspect that it may not have worn very well, and I do not know whether
it is still given occasionally in Sweden.

NICOLAS PALMER    London